APRIL Activities @ San Carlos Branch Library
LIBRARY HOURS: Monday & Tuesdays: 11:30 am – 8:00 pm; Wednesday thru Saturday: 9:30 am – 6:00 pm. The library is now open at 100% occupancy, and water fountains are open.
In-Person programs available from the San Carlos Branch include:
- KIDS Crafts: 2nd & 4th Mondays 3:30-4:30: Ages 3-11. We supply the materials; a different craft each week; stop by anytime. DETAILS
- Family Storytime @ the San Carlos Community Garden: 2nd Saturdays | 11:00–11:30 a.m. DETAILS
- Do Your Homework @ the LIbrary: Monday-Thursday, 3:00-6:00 pm: In-Person for grades K-8. Friday’s help is available virtually by appointment. DETAILS
- IN-PERSON CHESS: 2nd & 4th Tuesdays: 5-7 p.m. Ages 18 and under. Chess April-June Schedule
- Adult CRAFT CIRCLE: Join us on Thursdays @ 2 – 5 p.m.
- Adult Book Club: 3rd Thursday @ 12:30-1:30 Call or stop by the library for information.
- People Enjoying Poetry: April 23, 4-5 pm, recurring Bi-Monthly on the 4th Saturday. Future dates click People Enjoying Poetry
- ARTIST Ginny Andrus: April 6 – May 2, Winer Family Community Room & Art Gallery. Artist reception, April 16, 1:00-2:30 pm.
- Friends Members only, Pre-SCFOL Used Book Sale: MAY 6, 1:00-3:00 p.m. in the Community Room. Remember to bring your I.D. & Friends’ Membership Card.
- SCFOL Used Book Sale: MAY 7, 9:30-3:00: Used book donations may now be placed on the blue cart found between the book cases located next to the back door of the Community Room.
DONATED BOOKS are now being accepted at the San Carlos Branch. Do not drop them off outside or put them in the Book Return drop boxes. Place them on the cart located inside the library’s left side entrance.
- Get a Temporary Library Card
- Find SDPL Programs & Events
- Research databases & ebooks.
- Find In-Person and Virtual Programing for all ages CALENDAR
SD Access 4 All helps provide digital access and resources to the community by providing free WiFi and internet access as well as laptop use at select library locations. Patrons can visit any of our participating libraries and use this service available through our outdoor computer labs. We are excited to be able to offer this service to patrons of all ages to access information, complete job searches and for students to utilize as a resource with a reliable internet connection to do their homework. We welcome all members of the community to take advantage of this easy-to-use resource that is available to anyone who needs it.
e-Library Services include:
- PressReader:free newspapers including the UT
- Flipster: free magazines
- Kanopy: free movies