OCTOBER @ San Carlos Branch Library
In-person library service is now available. HOURS of OPERATION: Monday & Tuesdays: 11:30 am – 8:00 pm; Wednesday thru Saturday: 9:30 am – 6:00 pm. Closed Sundays. Services include: Computer Usage (2 hours), Printing, Holds Pickup, Reference and Reader’s Advisory, Browsing, and Getting/Renewing a Library Card. We are open at 50% building capacity, including employees. Contactless service is no longer available at branches offering in-person service. At this time, vaccinated patrons are not required to wear a mask. Unvaccinated patrons are required to wear a mask in ALL San Diego public buildings.
Additional In-Person services available at the San Carlos Branch include:
- “Go To College for Free,” Tuesday, October 12, 6-7 pm, San Carlos Branch Parking Lot : Ambassadors from Grossmont & Mesa Colleges in partnership with the Henry Cluster STEMM Foundation. Dress warmly. Chairs will be set up on right side of upper parking lot.
- OCTOBER 23 @ 11:30: Kamishibai Story Theater ; In-Person @ San Carlos Branch Library, Japanese storytelling tradition called kamishibai enjoyed by all ages.
- The Rebellious Miss Breed Postcard writing project: September 15 – November 1: Kids can pickup a postcard at the library to exchange letter writing with kids from the Fresno Library. DETAILS
- Design a Jack O’ Lantern, October 1 – October 30: Help us celebrate Halloween by creating your own Jack O’ Lantern! Pick up a pumpkin coloring sheet from the library and design your jack o’ lantern face. Return it to the library before October 30th and receive a free prize. You might even see your pumpkin displayed on our bulletin board on your next visit.
- OCT 2-NOV 13: In-N-Out Reading Program: Ages 4-12, read 5 books and get a certificate for a free hamburger.
- Monday-Thursday, 3:00-6:00 pm: In-Person Do Your Homework @ the LIbrary at SCBL for grades K-8
- IN-PERSON CHESS: Every 2nd & 4th Tuesdays: 5-7 p.m. All ages are welcome and space is limited.
- Thursdays @ 2:30: Adult Craft Circle, space is limited.
- SCFOL MINI-Used Book Sales: Tuesdays 2:30-5:00 p.m., continue through OCTOBER 26. We have new adult titles & childrens books now available. Have fun catching up with other library patrons. Also, check out the hard back books ($3-5) on shelves just inside the left entrance, and media/videos (priced as marked) available in the back of the Community Room. Watch our website for official information about when the monthly SCFOL Used Book Sales will resume.
Have you checked out the San Carlos Branch’s FACEBOOK page? Keep up to date with SDPL happenings and view new & previous videos from the San Carlos branch as well as from other branches too. San Carlos Branch offers:
- Baking with Linda New recipes on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. Previous recipes are still available too.
- Lord of the Rings Life Lessons with David Ege
- and previous videos of “What’s Ms. Erin Reading”
DONATED BOOKS are NOT currently being accepted at the San Carlos Branch.
LIMITED IN-PERSON SERVICE is available at 29 San Diego Public Library locations.
Find In-Person and Virtual Programing for all ages CALENDAR
AND ask for help with library services: phone 619-527-3430. A librarian can help you to:
- Match Book ( get personalized suggestions on what to read next–all age groups)
- Get a Temporary Library Card
- Programs & Events
- Research databases & ebooks.
- Learn with the SDPL Distance Learn Center
SDPL VIRTUAL HUB: The San Diego Public Library Virtual Hub is a Facebook group where Library Staff and partnering organizations offer daily virtual programs for all ages including: read alouds, crafts & DIY, booktalks, and more! Access to our library buildings is very limited, but the fun never stops in our virtual club. Join and get access to our growing collection of videos and resources.
SD Access 4 All helps provide digital access and resources to the community by providing free WiFi and internet access as well as laptop use at select library locations. Patrons can visit any of our participating libraries and use this service available through our outdoor computer labs. We are excited to be able to offer this service to patrons of all ages to access information, complete job searches and for students to utilize as a resource with a reliable internet connection to do their homework. We welcome all members of the community to take advantage of this easy-to-use resource that is available to anyone who needs it.
e-Library Services include:
- PressReader:free newspapers including the UT
- Flipster: free magazines