September 10: FSDPL Annual Meeting & Volunteer Recognition
The Annual Meeting of the Membership of the Friends of the San Diego Public Library will be held at the Central Library on Saturday, September 10, from 9:30-noon. A social “hour”starts at 9:30 a.m. and the program begins at 10 a.m.. Since parking is scarce, carpooling is suggested.
The program will include:
- Introductions and an overview of the year’s activities by the FSDPL President
- The honoring of this year’s outstanding Friend’s volunteers from each Friend’s Chapter.
- Election of FSDPL Officers
- Library System Update by Misty Jones, Library Director
- Library Shop Update by Scott Ehrig-Burgess, Manager
- An informative talk by Jay Hill, Chief Executive Officer of the San Diego Library Foundation.
SCFOL has chosen Norma Cirello, Sue Hotz, Lee Ottman, and Judy Williams as their 2015-16 outstanding SCFOL volunteers. This year’s SCFOL volunteer recognition pizza party is scheduled for October 19 at the San Carlos Branch Library. Mark your calendars.